The conference program will include paper presentations and poster sessions.
Authors are asked to suggest the preferred form of presentation while the Program Committee will make the final decision.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by leading expert in the field covered by the conference topics.
There will be an accompanying exhibition during the conference.
Abstract/Paper Submission Guidelines
- BalkanLight 2018 is technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE (IEEE Conference Record #44930)
- Each author can participate in at most three papers
- Papers shall be written in English and formatted according to the BalkanLight 2018 conference template. Authors are required to check accuracy of paper content – quotations, citations, diagrams and tables. Figures and tables must be clear and easy to view and need to be placed where they have to appear in the text
- A paper should contain sufficient details and references to permit other to replicate the work. Fraudulent or inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable
- The paper content must be original and relevant to the conference topics. Any work and/or words of others, included in the manuscript, shall be appropriately cited or quoted in the text
- Submitting the same manuscript to more than one publication concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable
- Authors should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the overall concept, design, carrying out or interpretation of the reported work
- All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed
- All extended abstracts/papers are subject to blind review process by two reviewers (experts in the paper research area). Factors, taken into account, are relevance, significance, originality, readability and language
- The paper review should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments
- The reviewers evaluate manuscripts without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors
- A paper review decision is either “Accepted” or “Rejected”
- Rejected papers will not be re-reviewed
- A paper may be rejected without reviewing if it is not suitable for publication
- All papers will be submitted to a plagiarism detection process
- Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library
- IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not presented by the author at the conference or papers for which IEEE is not the copyright holder. Authors are expected to attend the conference in person to present their papers and share their ideas
- IEEE is the copyright holder of the Conference Proceedings. Copyright of non-presented papers is retained by IEEE
- IEEE’s abstracting and indexing partners make their own editorial decisions on what content to index. IEEE cannot guarantee entries are included in any particular database
- The conference staff will not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate
Conference Paper Submission Process (in brief)
- Create a user account in the Conference Management System (CMS)
- Upload a two-page Extended Abstract (according to the template)
- Wait for the Reviewers’ results
- If the Extended Abstract is accepted upload your Full paper (according to the template)
- Register for participation (conference fee payment)
Abstract/Paper submission process is done through the following steps:
Step 1: Extended Abstract submission
- Tools: Conference Management System – CMS
- Deadline: June 30, 2018
Step 2: Extended Abstract Review
- Tools: CMS, Author’s e-mail
- Deadline: July 08, 2018
Step 3: Full Paper Submission
- Tools: CMS, IEEE PDF eXpress Plus™
- Deadline: September 10, 2018
Step 4: IEEE Publication
Below is more detailed step-by-step guide on the conference paper submission process:
A two-page structured abstract (A4, double column, 10 pt – see the template) for each paper should be submitted through the Conference Management System. It shall contain the title of the paper, author’s names and affiliation, the main contents of the paper (related work, general methodology, results, conclusion) and references.
Here you can download the Extended Abstract template (DOC, Microsoft Word, A4).
Each abstract will be reviewed by two reviewers. If accepted the authors will be asked to upload the full paper.
Full paper describing work not previously published or presented must strictly conform to the conference format. The full paper length should be between four and six pages. Authors should upload their papers through the Conference Management System. Papers which are not submitted through the Conference Management System or do not conform to the conference format will not be further processed!
Here you can download the IEEE full paper template (DOC, Microsoft Word, A4).
IEEE conference templates contain guidance text for composing and formatting conference papers. Please ensure that all template text is removed from your conference paper prior to submission to the conference. Failure to remove template text from your paper will result in your paper not being published.
Authors are requested to upload the following:
- Full (camera-ready) paper in both DOC and IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF (see instructions below)
- A scanned copy of the bank (wire) transfer statement for the conference fee payment
- IEEE Copyright Form (for each paper) – see instructions below
IMPORTANT! All authors shall add the copyright notice (info) to their papers before creating PDFs.
The appropriate copyright clearance code notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page (First Page Footer -Section1-) of each paper according to the guidelines set forth in the Cataloging/Copyright Instructions for an IEEE Conference Proceeding.
Authors are required to replace the text “XXX-X-XXXX-XXXX-X/XX/$XX.00 ©20XX IEEE” in the First Page Footer -Section1- field, in the IEEE Conference Paper Template with the following:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-6730-9/18/$31.00 ©2018 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-6730-9/18/$31.00 ©2018 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-6730-9/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE
Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
In order to be included in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library authors shall convert a paper to a PDF and verify that they have IEEE Xplore-compatible versions of their manuscripts.
Authors could use the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus™, which is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing them to validate their papers for meeting IEEE Xplore® requirements. If there is a formatting issue, it will identify the problem for the author so it can be fixed.
Log in to the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus™ site
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the “New Users – Click here” link
- Enter the following:
- 44930XP for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted
- Upload your DOCX (DOC) file to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus™ and download the converted PDF version (it might take certain time for the task processing)
- The new PDF should contain the statement “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress at [date_and_time_of_conversion]” in the Document properties Application field
- Upload the PDF to the Conference Management System as your final version of the full paper
Previous users of PDF eXpress or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support if necessary
Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress™.
If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Submit A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
IEEE PDF eXpress™ is not a manuscript-collection system and does not replace the conference’s submission system. Once authors verify that they have IEEE Xplore-compatible versions of their manuscripts, they will still need to upload the files to the Conference Management System.
Please, upload the full paper in both .docx (.doc) and IEEE Xplore-compatible .pdf formats packed together as a ZIP archive file to the Conference Management System. A full paper (the ZIP file), signed copyright-form and a proof of registration fee payment have to be electronically submitted separately through the BalkanLight 2018 Conference Management System no later than the deadline (September 10, 2018).
Papers not formatted according to the above templates and/or are not submitted by the deadline will not be included in the proceedings.
The paper should be reported personally by one of the authors. For the oral presentations it is recommended MS PowerPoint to be used.
IEEE is the copyright holder of the Conference Proceedings. All accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library for distribution in scientific databases. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not presented by the author at the conference.
Here you can download the IEEE Copyright Form.
The IEEE copyright form (one for each paper) must be filled and signed. Print the form, fill it in and sign it. You need to fill in the title of paper, list of authors and IEEE Publication Title. For the IEEE Publication Title please use the following sequence of words: 2018 Seventh Balkan Conference on Lighting (BalkanLight).
Scan the signed copyright form. Both full paper and copyright form must be converted in PDF file format. IEEE is very strict about the requirements for converting application files to full-text PDF in order to be included in IEEE Xplore®. Please use the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus site to validate your paper (described above).
IEEE requires all publications to be submitted to a plagiarism detection process prior to being uploaded to IEEE Xplore® to ensure originality of the content. The authors will receive the IEEE CrossCheck results (if the similarity percentage is under 30%, the Result is “OK”. If not, it is “Review Report”).